Prior to hitting the road –
- Setting aside swimming trunks (getting to use them in warmer climes after they’ve clogged your drawer space ALL YEAR LONG)
- Packing that 1 book you’ve been meaning to read FOR EONS
- Buying some favorite “road warrior” snacks – examples include: Beef jerky (Mingua, if you can find it), Clif bars (Carrot Cake), Twizzlers (Cherry Pull ‘n’ Peel), enough Coke Zero to get to Destination: Wherever
- Printing paper directions [Just in Case – power on the Eastern seaboard abates, cell phones die, tech fails mid-trip]
- Adding those top 10 favorite albums to your car playlist (yes, Bob Marley should be in there…somewhere)
2 months into its debut and we’ve hit 70 reviews for WHEELMAN already!!
Give yourself a pat on the back if you assisted in the reading/reviewing of this first novel (early readers you know who you are). Let’s crank it to 100 reviews!
Believe it or not, work has kick-started on a 2nd novel already (Titles and plot are hush hush at this point).
The 1st draft of the manuscript is being looked at for the first time by my editor this week. Prayers are appreciated for Martin Jones as he reads.
Now we wait…and we work and work and work. Is it summer yet? Are you traveling anywhere fun? Are your taxes done? If you answered yes to all 3 of those questions, I appreciate your honesty. Enjoy the weekend!
I’ll be signing copies of WHEELMAN on Saturday, 4/9 from 2-4pm at McKay’s Books of Chattanooga (off I-75).
Be sure to stop by!