From Vox Dei Publishing, Coming February 2 …
Back cover description:
“Teen Cy Vance wants to do one thing: D-R-I-V-E. Except he has nowhere to go and no way to get there. But when he’s given a note at church, he discovers his dad–one of the FBI’s Most Wanted–is alive and well in Mexico…and he wants Cy to meet him ASAP!
With the help of a best friend, Cy escapes Child Protective Services and flees to Mexico. What he doesn’t know is that his father is going to ask even more of him when they meet.
How far will Cy go to help his family, and will it cost him his life?
RUNNING AWAY IS ESCAPE. STAYING PUT IS UNTHINKABLE. THE ROAD AHEAD IS ANYTHING BUT STRAIGHT…”
– Wheelman Cover Reveal –
Teen Cy Vance wants to do one thing: D-R-I-V-E. Except he has nowhere to go and no way to get there. But when he’s given a note at church, he discovers his dad–one of the FBI’s Most Wanted–is alive and well in Mexico…and he wants Cy to meet him ASAP!
With the help of a best friend, Cy escapes Child Protective Services and flees to Mexico.
STAYING PUT IS UNTHINKABLE.
THE ROAD AHEAD IS ANYTHING BUT STRAIGHT…
As I alluded to yesterday, there is a N-E-W title for my debut novel.
It has undergone some serious revisions and with great change comes great…well, you get the drift.
The novel title is no longer “The Silence of Sacrifice,”
will now be titled (drumroll, please) …
*More exciting updates to follow.
Sorry for the lapse, dear reader. A lot has happened on BrianLTucker.com since Thanksgiving and a lot more to come in 2016!
I’ve worked through some BIG items on my upcoming novel. Here are just a few:
- New book title (no longer, The Silence of Sacrifice)
- Shaved 35k words from the original manuscript (from 100k to 65k)
- BrianLTucker.com experienced 3 hacker attempts
- Book submitted for Final Proof online today
- Cover Design for book is underway
- Market launch date for book currently listed as 2/2/16, print date to follow
- Advanced Reader Copies will be going out in the coming weeks to those chosen few!!
I’d like to add to this list:
- I’m currently reading War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy (often considered the greatest fictional work of all-time) **I’m still beholden to Moby Dick as the greatest** But, I’ll try to submit a full review later
- As it currently stands, I couldn’t help but label today’s blog “War & Peace …Eternity” because these hackers’ attempts to sabotage our site helped me realize there’s a lot more in life than just “War” and “Peace”.
There’s “Eternity” too.
- Everyday there’s a struggle between good and evil. And it coalesces into what constitutes life and eventually what comes next. Eternity -eternal- everlasting. So, while there’s warring parties of people pursuing evil and/or good. And there are those wanting to see the demise of Christians worldwide. There’s still that small voice begging each of us to choose eternity with the one worthy of everything. May your December (and mine) be Eternity-centered.
Truth marches on…
BIG SHOUT OUT to the fine people at VOX DEI Publishing (Booktrope) for keeping the fires stoked on this first novel!!
As we near the Thanksgiving holiday, I’m feeling the need to give credit where it’s due, and I’d like to mention –
- Martin Jones for being an awesome Editor
- Emerald Barnes for her Proofreading prowess
- Hayley Stone for Cover Design work (coming soon)
- Becki Brannen for the Marketing Ideas and ongoing support
- Heather Huffman for being a Book Manager extraordinaire!!
The cover is coming together, and a title change is more than likely in the works. STAY TUNED for more.
2016 will be here shortly. God bless!
Great post-Halloween topic:
What scares you?
This doesn’t have to be an Ichabod Crane fear toward Sleepy Hollow, or anything.
Plain and simple – what causes you to experience some trepidation?
- Talking to a stranger in an elevator?
- Driving to your in-laws for the holidays?
- Cooking with chick pea flour?
- Watching a marathon of Katherine Heigl movies?
- Long-winded history lecturers?
- Large arenas filled with an opposing team’s obnoxious fans?
Step out there my friend (I’m taking my own advice here).
What better time of the year to stand firm and work through a petty fear?
November is a month of tackling stuff, I’m learning.
A month reserved for dodging the razor (“No Shave!), writing a book (NaNoWriMo), eating enough turkey to make you cry (tryptophan). November has it all.
So, keep tackling those fears. Whatever they may be!
Stand up. Give Thanks. Pray for hurting families. Ride a horse bareback. Take a family portrait with an awkward John Hughes theme. Give Thanks. Listen to that one uncle’s ridiculous tall tales. Memorize and recite the Gettysburg Address for kicks. Bring back an “outdated” hairstyle. Give Thanks. November is waiting for you to step up and be awesome.
That moment when NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) kick starts in November again, and you’re still working on the same book from LAST year:
Your friends might be working on that “exciting” NEW thing, but you my friend are persistent. Stick with it (and be happy) unlike grumpy cat. You got this.
Stephen King makes it look easy. I guess it’s because there’s nothing else to do in Maine?
Official announcement on Halloween!
2 copies will be mailed out to the 2 BEST stories we receive by that date. (Criteria: ANYTHING! It’s a subjective selection process. Can be a funny story about the embarrassing things Grandpa did on vacation once, or, a time when you didn’t think you’d make it out of Disneyland alive. We want your BEST life story thus far!) Also, we’d like to share those winning stories on the site – proudly displayed in the ‘Blog’ section of BrianLTucker.com . So, it’s SUPER important to send your story soon! (Don’t worry. There aren’t any grammar police around to judge.) The 2 winners selected will be asked to supply their mailing addresses following the announcement and the books will be shipped ASAP.
Tell YOUR BEST story today.
Hello guys & gals,
I’ve included my 1st ever BLOG VIDEO on Youtube for you to see! Hope it helps key you in to the exciting developments around this first book of mine, The Silence of Sacrifice. I’m excited to have your readership and support.
2016 here we come!
“Story is massive. Story is the most powerful tool to compel a human brain. Every human being self identifies as the lead protagonist in the story.” – Donald Miller
“One of the deepest of all human longings is the longing to belong, to be a part of things, to be invited in. We want to be part of the fellowship. Where did that come from?” – John Eldredge, Epic